Fred began gymnastics at age 4 when his parents realized he needed an outlet for his energy. Fred lived 1 minute from Somersault Center in Stoughton where he started training with older kids. He has been keeping intense hours at the gym for as long as he can remember. Under the watchful eye of coach Tom Fontecchio, Fred qualified to the junior US national team 3 years in a row through the Future Stars program.
At 14 he moved to MEGA and trained under Levon Karakhanyan after Tom retired and continued to train there the rest of his high school career. Under his @frederickflips moniker, Fred has established himself as a social media creator producing several viral videos as well as his competitive series “D1 v D1”.
Fred is a Jr Pan American All Around Champion, two-time Jr US All Around Champion, 3 time NCAA Champion, and 2 time World Bronze Medalist (team and all around individual).
- 2023 World team & all-around bronze medalist. Also advanced to the floor exercise final
- Youngest individual World medalist in U.S. history
- 2023 U.S. high bar champion and all-around bronze medalist
- 2023 NCAA all-around, parallel bars & high bar champion and team & floor exercise silver medalist (Michigan)
- 2023 Winter Cup all-around silver medalist
- 2022 U.S. high bar silver medalist and floor exercise bronze medalist